Portrait of Foster Simmonds // Collector's LE Print
Regular price $2,600.00
Iñupiaq elder Foster Simmonds was taught to whale when he as a child, but was placed in an Indian boarding school in Oregon for much of his youth. He returned with a fierce dedication to revitalize the traditions of his grandparents' generation, especially whaling. Spending time with Foster out on the sea ice while whaling is perhaps my favorite memory of all time. His long collection of stories, both from his own life and that of his ancestors, is amazing to hear, as are his philosophies of life. Takeaway? Sometimes, it's good to switch what language you think in.
All my collector’s edition limited prints are carefully profiled for fantastically accurate and consistent reproductions using giclée printing techniques.
- This print is offered in a limited edition of 8 (Medium), or 4 (Large)
- *Please note the Live Preview shows size Medium
- Comes with a Certificate of Authenticity including edition information
- Numbered and hand-signed by Kiliii Yuyan
- Printed on Hahnemuhle German Etching with a textured finish, the velvety matte surface has a warm white hue providing a perfect surface for archival fine art photography.
- FSC approved, sustainably sourced paper
- Printed using archival pigment ink