Umiaq and North Wind // Collector's LE Print
At the edge of the Arctic sea ice, a crew of Iñupiaq subsistence hunters watches for passing bowhead whales in the spring sunlight at 4am. Subsistence on the sea ice must always stay in tune with the unpredictable weather of the Arctic. Wind has pushed floating ice near the shorefast ice and the Alaskan subsistence whalers must wait until it shifts again, sometimes weeks later. I photographed this 5 years into a story for National Geographic. The ice edge with my Iñupiaq friends remains my favorite place on earth.
All my collector’s edition limited prints are carefully profiled for fantastically accurate and consistent reproductions using giclée printing techniques.
- This print is offered in a limited edition of 8 (Medium), or 4 (Large)
- *Please note the Live Preview shows size Medium
- Comes with a Certificate of Authenticity including edition information
- Numbered and hand-signed by Kiliii Yuyan
- Printed on Hahnemuhle German Etching with a textured finish, the velvety matte surface has a warm white hue providing a perfect surface for archival fine art photography.
- FSC approved, sustainably sourced paper
- Printed using archival pigment ink