Waiting for Sea Ice // Collector's LE Print
A polar bear waits by on a beach near sea stacks on Russia’s Herald Island in August, for the return of the sea ice. The retreat of the summer ice in the western Chukchi Sea has concentrated hundreds of polar bears on this island and nearby Wrangell, so personal space for these non-social bears is limited. Climate change in the Bering region of the Arctic has greatly delayed the return of the sea ice hunting habitat in the autumn months, lengthening the starvation period for polar bears here, one of highest concentrations of the Arctic animals anywhere on earth. Bouncing up and down on a rough zodiac ride, I saw this moment unfold as the polar bear walked out onto the spit. I fired off a dozen shots, and this one was perfect.
All my collector’s edition limited prints are carefully profiled for fantastically accurate and consistent reproductions using giclée printing techniques.
- This print is offered in a limited edition of 8 (Medium), or 4 (Large)
- *Please note the Live Preview shows size Medium
- Comes with a Certificate of Authenticity including edition information
- Numbered and hand-signed by Kiliii Yuyan
- Printed on Hahnemuhle German Etching with a textured finish, the velvety matte surface has a warm white hue providing a perfect surface for archival fine art photography.
- FSC approved, sustainably sourced paper
- Printed using archival pigment ink